A better outcome for our clients
Our clients come to us during difficult and challenging times in their lives with the hope that the civil justice system will work to provide compensation for the suffering they have endured. At LaMarche Safranko Law we work hard to obtain the highest possible verdict or settlement to help our clients pay medical costs, restore quality of life and reach closure. Below are just some of the verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for our clients. If you have suffered a similar injury, contact us today.*
Federal Employers Liability Act/FELA
- $1,100,000.00: Plaintiff suffered a significant back injury while working for CSX.
- $1,016,000.00: Plaintiff was injured when a fork from a forklift truck fell on top of his left leg, severely fracturing the tibia and fibula, requiring numerous surgeries and resulting in a permanent, partial loss of use of his leg. For more information, view Armstrong v. Foxcroft .
- $900,000.00: Plaintiff, a roofing contractor, suffered a fractured skull, cervical spine fracture and fractured ribs after falling from a roof. The injuries left him with chronic pain and fatigue, limited tolerance for walking, lifting, or carrying and limitations in his hearing and vision.
- $750,000.00: Plaintiff was an ironworker who was injured when he fell from a ladder, suffering fractures to both elbows resulting in permanent loss of strength and loss of range of motion in both arms. His impairment limited the number and types of employment opportunities and limited his future earning potential.
- $540,000.00: Plaintiff fell 15 feet from a ladder, suffering cervical injuries and left elbow injuries requiring surgical intervention and rehabilitation.
- $400,000.00: Plaintiff, a 29 year old man, was injured on a construction site when the scaffold he was using collapsed causing him to fall six feet. He suffered a lower back injury, which required a laminectomy to remove extruded disc material. Following the surgery he continues to have pain and numbness in his left leg.
- $160,000.00: Plaintiff, a roofing contractor, fell through the roof he was repairing, resulting in a left shoulder injury including a glenoid fracture and a rotator cuff tear.
- $500,000.00: Plaintiff suffered injuries as a result of negligent monitoring of prescription medication.
- $210,000.00: An orthopedic doctor failed to properly diagnose a 6 year old boy’s fractured right arm resulting in a need for a corrective surgery and a more substantial scar.
Nursing Home Negligence
- $250,000.00: An 87-year-old man was discharged from a local hospital on the afternoon of his death and returned to his assisted living facility. His health began to deteriorate throughout that evening; a nurse was told to check on him but never did. Facility staff found him unconscious on the floor in his room later that evening; paramedics were unable to revive him. It was claimed that the facility failed to obtain appropriate medical advice, assistance and treatment.
- $222,500.00: An 82-year-old woman who was a patient at a local nursing home was taken via wheelchair to a common room within the facility and left unattended and without reasonable access to her walker. When she got up to find a staff person she tripped and fell, suffering serious injuries which resulted in her death three weeks later.
- $150,000.00: A 15-year-old female student was sexually assaulted in an empty classroom at a local high school by a male student with a history of sexual deviance against female students. The school was aware of this history and took no steps to ensure that such conduct would be prevented in the future or that other students would be safe.
- $1,300,000.00 **: Plaintiff was a passenger in a vehicle which went off the road and rolled over, causing him to suffer significant permanent injuries, including skull fracture; fractured mandible requiring surgical placement of plates and screws; facial fractures and lacerations; sternal fracture; spinal fractures; lacerations to spleen, liver and lung; multiple rib and toe fractures; tinnitus and hearing loss; post-traumatic stress disorder; facial scarring and numbness.
- $375,000.00: Plaintiff, who had undergone a prior back surgery, suffered further injuries, which required lumbar surgery and cervical fusion surgery, after he was rear-ended by another automobile while stopped at a red light.
- $300,000.00: Plaintiff sustained fractures to the ribs and shoulders and underwent surgery, after her vehicle was struck by the defendant at an intersection where she had the right of way.
- $250,000.00 **: Plaintiff was rear-ended while operating a vehicle, causing her to enter into the opposite lane of traffic where she was again struck head-on and suffered numerous fractures and permanent injuries.
- $150,000: Plaintiff was struck by another vehicle, after the defendant failed to yield to the right of way. The plaintiff suffered mild traumatic brain injury, including headaches, and a dislocated jaw.
- $100,000.00 **: Plaintiff was thrown off his motorcycle and knocked unconscious after the defendant’s car negligently pulled into the road and stopped in front of him. Due to pain in his shoulders and back caused by the accident, the plaintiff was no longer able to perform his duties as a fire fighter.
- $87,500.00 **: Plaintiff was a passenger on the back of a motorcycle when she was struck by another motorcycle, which sent her and her driver off the road, over the guard rail, and into an embankment. She suffered a dislocated elbow and a fractured right tibial and fibula midshaft, which required multiple surgeries to fix. Unfortunately limited insurance coverage did not nearly compensate her for much of her harm and damage.
- $250,000.00 **: Plaintiff suffered two dislocated shoulders and a dislocated elbow after he was struck by a vehicle, which negligently swerved onto the shoulder and into the bike lane.
- $110,000.00: Plaintiff was struck by a vehicle who turned too fast into a parking lot in order to beat traffic, instead of yielding to the plaintiff, who had the right of way. Plaintiff suffered several head and facial injuries.
- $100,000.00 **: Plaintiff was lawfully riding his bike on the shoulder of the road when he was side swiped by a vehicle attempting to pass him causing him to suffer a fractured pelvis.
- $280,000.00: Plaintiff was a pedestrian attempting to cross Central Avenue in Albany when the defendant failed to yield the right-of-way. Plaintiff suffered a fractured hip and serious laceration, both of which required surgical intervention and rehabilitation.
- $275,000.00: Plaintiff was a pedestrian in the crosswalk when she was struck by the defendant’s vehicle. She suffered a fractured tibia in her left leg and a laceration to her left knee, requiring surgery and rehabilitation.
- $100,000.00 **: Plaintiff, a 56 year old female, suffered a fractured left tibia, a fractured right hip, and a fractured pelvis when she was struck by a vehicle while attempting to cross Washington Avenue at a crosswalk.
- $400,000.00: The infant plaintiff fell from a tractor being operated by a farm employee and was run over by the tractor. The 10-year-old boy suffered a femur fracture requiring surgery, multiple facial fractures requiring surgery, foot and toe fractures and loss of consciousness.
Slip and Fall
- $235,000.00: Plaintiff, a 70 year old woman, suffered a distal femur fracture after slipping on water/ice outside of a grocery store’s entrance.
- $195,000: Plaintiff tripped over a raised concrete edge/lip in the threshold of a doorway which created an unreasonably dangerous entrapment. As a result, plaintiff suffered head/facial lacerations and pain in her right arm, knee, leg and foot, as well as a fracture to her right humerus, which required surgery to repair.
- $180,000.00: Plaintiff slipped and fell on newly applied wax at a grocery store and suffered a fracture of her right arm which required surgery and placement of a plate and screws. The grocery store failed to warn customers that the floor was still wet and slippery.
- $150,000.00 A restaurant patron slipped and fell on a wet floor in the vestibule and suffered a displaced left ankle fracture requiring surgery.
- $125,000.00: Plaintiff, a 58 year old man, suffered injuries to his hip and shoulder after he tripped and fell over an object negligently placed outside of the hospital room that he was exiting.
- $125,000.00 An 87-year-old woman tripped and fell near her apartment complex due to a dip in the sidewalk and suffered bilateral mandibular fractures and a left wrist fracture requiring surgery.
- $120,000.00: Plaintiff, a 56-year-old woman, suffered a fracture to her ankle that required surgery as the result of a slip and fall caused by an apartment complex owner who failed to remove ice from the walkway.
- $105,000.00: Plaintiff slipped and fell on ice at a convenience store as the result of recurrent dripping from a roof. She suffered a fractured ankle, which required surgery.
- $400,000.00: Plaintiff was assaulted outside of a bar in Saratoga and as a result suffered a traumatic brain injury, a fractured skull, brain swelling and brain bleeding, facial contusions and bleeding, as well as lacerations and bruises on his body. He also suffered from short and long term memory deficits and other cognitive deficits.
- $650,000.00: Plaintiff, a 49-year-old man, was discharged from the hospital with critically low levels of potassium, which precipitated a fatal arrhythmia at home and subsequently caused his death. His family brought a claim against the hospital for medical negligence and wrongful death.
- $300,000.00: The infant plaintiff suffered respiratory and cardiac arrest and died overnight despite a visit to her pediatrician earlier that day. It was claimed that the pediatrician failed to properly evaluate and treat the infant and failed to refer her to the ER for proper medical treatment.
- $300,000.00 **: Plaintiff was knocked off a stool, striking his head on the floor. He suffered a head injury, loss of consciousness and fractured skull resulting in traumatic brain injury.
*Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
** In some automobile accident cases there is limited insurance coverage and the defendant has no assets. In such cases we obtained the maximum available insurance coverage.