Andrew R. Safranko
“For me, the law is about helping people and that’s why I chose this career path. I take pride in being a resource for my clients during their most difficult moments and ensuring their voices are heard.”
Andrew Safranko is an attorney and founding member of LaMarche Safranko Law PLLC focusing on personal injury litigation, professional discipline and criminal defense. Since 1999, Andrew has represented thousands of clients on issues ranging from major felonies and complex white-collar crimes to misdemeanors and violations in both State and Federal Court.
Andrew is accomplished in all aspects of criminal litigation and personal injury law. Andrew has successfully litigated many high-profile criminal cases, argued appellate matters, and recovered millions of dollars for clients in personal injury matters. In addition, Andrew has represented numerous doctors, lawyers, nurses and pharmacists faced with professional discipline charges or allegations.
Andrew is a graduate of The Albany Academy (1991), Emory University (1995), and Albany Law School (1998). After law school , Andrew practiced law with his father, Hon. Stephen A. Safranko. In 2001, Andrew joined O’Connell and Aronowitz, a prestigious law firm in Albany, New York as an associate attorney. After five years, Andrew became one of the youngest lawyers to attain partnership in the firm. Andrew joined George LaMarche,III in 2012 to form LaMarche Safranko Law PLLC. Today, LaMarche Safranko Law has five attorneys with offices in Albany, Latham, Clifton Park, and Plattsburgh New York.
- 2012 to Present Member of LaMarche Safranko Law
- 2006 to 2012 Member of O’Connell and Aronowitz, P.C, focusing on criminal defense, health care fraud and abuse, professional discipline, plaintiff’s personal injury and civil litigation.
- 2001 to 2006 Associate at O’Connell and Aronowitz, P.C
- 1998 to 2001 Associate at law firm of Stephen A. Safranko
Admitted to Practice:
- All New York state courts
- United States District Courts, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States District Court, District of Vermont
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Graduate of Albany Academy, Emory University and Albany Law School
- Albany Law School Moot Court Competitions and Finance Chair
- Emory University Alumni Association
- 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award from The Albany Academies
- 2020 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year”
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2010-2023)
- New York Super Lawyers (2013-2022)
- 2019 Troy Police Benevolent Association President’s Award
- Rated 10.0 by AVVO
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Law Firms by U.S. News and World Report
- Top 100 Attorneys
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students
- Entrepreneurs Organization, Albany Chapter
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany and Saratoga County Bar Associations
- Capital District and New York State Trial Lawyers Associations
- National and New York State Associations of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Defenders Association
- Road Sharing Alliance
- New York Bicycling Coalition
- Board of Trustees, Congregation Beth Emeth
- Board of Trustees, B’nai B’rith Parkview Apartments
- Class Secretary, Albany Academy
- Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- Statewide Lecturer and Media Legal Expert
- Criminal Law Primer-Albany Law School
- Criminal Procedure Update-Federation Of Bar Associations Fourth Judicial District
- Criminal Law Primer-Suny Albany
- Criminal Law Primer-Albany Law School
- Criminal Law Update-Albany County Bar Association
- Criminal Aspects pertaining to the Internet-Queensbury High School
- Criminal Defense for the Newly Admitted Attorney-Albany Law School
LaMarche Safranko Law Testimonials
“Dear George, Andy and Staff,
Thank you all for your kindness and all your help in getting back to my wellbeing and life. I could not have done it without you all. Everything is going so well again. I recommend you highly. Thanks Again!”
“I can honestly say that the best decision I’ve ever made was retaining George LaMarche as my attorney. I was in a situation where everything wasat risk; my career, livelihood, and the ability to provide for my family. In desperation, I contacted over a dozen attorneys. The majority of the lawyers I spoke with promised results without seeing paperwork or knowing valuable facts….
“Dear Andrew and George,
I cannot thank you enough for your hard work, diligence, and selfless manner that you put towards my legal difficulties in Colonie. From the first moment I met you, you helped reassure me that things were going to turn out in a more favorable manner than I originally thought. Clearly, the final result of my court case displays the quality of time and work that you put into this….
“My family and I cannot thank George and his staff enough for all of the support and guidance they have given us over the past six months. Anyone who has ever suffered a personal injury knows how difficult they are to overcome, but I’m glad we had such an intelligent and hardworking attorney on our side so I could focus on my recovery rather than on the details of the case….
“I cannot thank George E. LaMarche lll and his team for the excellent legal work they provided for my son, and in extension, our entire family. His experience, knowledge of the law, networking ability and communication is second to none. In our case, our son was wrongly accused by a small town police officer and charged with 5 tickets…
“The arrest of my husband in 2008 was an extremely difficult and emotional time for our family. The arrest turned our lives upside down. It was sudden and unexpected and had tragic emotional as well as financial consequences. I had no idea what to do under the circumstances….
Thank you so much for everything you have done for our son over the last three years. This has been a very challenging time for our family and the knowledge that our son has an attorney as capable and amazing as you are has given us peace of mind!
“I am an attorney who found himself in the middle of a serious, personal legal matter that compromised not only my personal life but my professional life as well. I immediately contacted Andrew (Andy) Safranko, Esq. Andy worked tirelessly and extremely hard to bring my legal situation to a very favorable resolution. In so doing, Andy not only saved certain aspects of my personal and professional life…
“I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent representation on my recent matter. I have worked with lawyers, and in law firms much of my professional life, but I have never encountered the rare mix of skill, integrity and humanity in one individual—you….
“Throughout the attorney client relationship regarding my personal injury lawsuit, George and his staff continually exhibited tremendous amounts of legal knowledge, skill, and a vast amount of expert resources that ultimately resulted in a final judgment in my favor. George was there every step of the way to explain where we stood and what to expect next and there was never a need to question his professional judgment…
“The staff at LaMarche Safranko Law took care of whatever I needed, it was just fabulous. It was top shelf, if I called, I got George. If he was in a meeting, they left him a message. He called me right back after the meeting. Everybody was very courteous and very nice there. If I left a voicemail, everybody got back to me quickly. The level of service was very, very good and I would Highly recommend them.”
“Dear Mr. Safranko,
Thank You so much for answering my question, and so expediently!
The dedication, respect, and consideration with which you treat your clients, current and past, is remarkable. It is why I reached out to you when searching in my time of need, and why I would highly recommend…
“I wanted to express my deepest appreciation to Mr. Andrew Safranko for the exceptional job he did in regards to my legal representation. Mr. Safranko displayed the utmost in professionalism and discretion during the entire court process, and took the time to explain each and every step….
“No one likes to be in a bad situation, but if you need a lawyer George is your man. Not only does he point you in the right direction he offers good advice for your future. As much as we bring him business he does not encourage that next time anticipation….