CPCS 3rd involves knowingly and unlawfully possessing any of the following with the intent to sell them:
- Any amount of any Narcotic Drug (Cocaine, Heroin);
- 1/8 ounce or more of any substance containing Methamphetamine;
- A Stimulant (Adderall, Ritalin), Hallucinogen or Hallucinogenic Substance (Mushrooms, Peyote), or Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) – if you have any prior drug conviction;
- 1 gram or more of a Stimulant;
- 1 milligram or more of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide;
- 25 milligrams or more of a Hallucinogen;
- 1 gram or more of a Hallucinogenic Substance;
CPCS 3rd also includes penalties for larger personal possession amounts including:
- 5 grams or more of a Stimulant (up for 1);
- 5 milligrams or more of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (up from 1);
- 125 milligrams of a Hallucinogen (up from 25);
- 5 grams or more of a Hallucinogenic Substance (up from 1);
- ½ ounce or more of a substance containing a narcotic drug (up from 1/8);
- 1,250 milligrams or more of Phencyclidine (up from 250).
CPCS 3 is a class B felony. Therefore, you face up to 9 years in a state correctional facility with an additional 1 to 2 years of post-release supervision. Your prison time could involve CASAT or SHOCK. LINK You could serve up to 1 year in local jail, or probation for up to 5 years. You may also be sentenced to take part in Judicial Diversion or another Drug Court program. Your driver’s license and registration may be suspended for 6 months. You may also be fined up to $30,000 or be ordered to pay restitution and other fees.