CPCS 2nd does not contain any requirement that you intend to sell the controlled substance. It criminalizes large possession amounts as follows:
- 4 ounces or more of a substance containing a narcotic drug (up from ½ ounce);
- 2 ounces or more of a substance containing methamphetamine (up from ½ ounce contained in CPCS 4);
- 10 grams or more of a Stimulant (up from 5);
- 25 milligrams or more of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (up from 5);
- 625 milligrams or more of a Hallucinogen (up from 125);
- 25 grams or more of a Hallucinogenic Substance (up from 5);
- 2,880 milligrams or more of Methadone (up rom 360 contained in CPCS 4).
CPCS 2nd is a class A-II felony. Therefore, you face a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 years in a state correctional facility with an additional 15 years of post-release supervision. Your prison time could involve CASAT or SHOCK. You could also be sentenced to lifetime probation. You may also be sentenced to take part in Judicial Diversion or another Drug Court program. Your driver’s license and registration may be suspended for 6 months. You may also be fined up to $50,000 or be ordered to pay restitution and other fees.