If you are placed on probation for a DWI, in addition to the general conditions above, you can also expect the following terms and conditions:
- Do not enter or visit any bar, tavern, or other establishment whose primary focus is serving alcohol. Refrain from entering or sitting in the bar areas of any other restaurant.
- Do not drive or obtain a driver’s license without the express consent of the probation office or the court. This condition is binding even if DMV would issue you a license or permit you to drive.
- Install an Ignition Interlock Device on any vehicle you own or are given permission to operate. This condition is binding even if DMV would otherwise allow you to operate without an ignition interlock device.
- Wear a SCRAM unit (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor) which will constantly monitor the content of your sweat for any alcohol and transmit that information to a designated probation officer.
- Obtain an alcohol abuse evaluation and engage in all recommended treatment.
- Participate and complete DMV’s Impaired Driver’s Program.
- Attend a one-evening New York Victim Impact Panel during which you will hear from those whose lives were forever altered by individual’s decisions to drink and drive.