Within such a proceeding, your rights are severely limited as compared to a criminal proceeding. However, there are some protections afforded you including the right to:
- Be considered not responsible for the charges against you.
- Have an advisor such as a Title IX lawyer or college representative of your choice.
- Suggest specific questions be asked of the complainant or
- Ask that certain witnesses be called to testify.
- Object or take issue with certain evidence being considered.
- Make opening and closing remarks.
- Appeal certain errors in the event you are found responsible.