Be wary of advice that says “never” or “always” submit to this test. There are numerous factors to consider when determining if a client should take a breathalyzer test or refuse the test. The important questions include:
- Whether you have a prior conviction for driving while intoxicated
- How many alcoholic beverages you’ve consumed
- Whether there was an accident
- Whether anyone was injured in an accident
- When the last alcoholic drink was consumed
- The county where you were arrested
All of these factors must be considered before a DWI lawyer can give advice about taking a breathalyzer test.