Giving back to our community
As lifelong residents of the Capital Region and Tech Valley, George LaMarche and Andrew Safranko are passionate about giving back to their community. They are invested in the safety and welfare of their neighbors, through the integrity exercised in their legal practice, and by their dedication to and participation in volunteer efforts. George and Andrew support numerous charities and serve on various committees devoted to the improvement of the Capital Region.
Among the causes that the firm has chosen to support are:
- Operation Smile: Raises money to provide cleft lip and cleft palate repair surgery for children all over the world
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS): Dedicated to raising money for the research and cure of all types of blood cancer, and improving the quality of life for families affected by the disease
- Coaches v. Cancer: A benefit sponsored by the American Cancer Society and National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) to support the fight against cancer
- Relay For Life of Southern Saratoga County: A community fundraising walk for cancer research sponsored by the American Cancer Society
- Ronald McDonald House: A home away from home for children and their families experiencing serious medical issues.
In addition to the firm’s work with charities, both George and Andrew participate in philanthropic work individually:
In fall 2010, George was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Upstate NY/ Vermont chapter of the LLS. In addition to his service on the Board, George ran a half marathon in 2010 and a full marathon in 2011 in honor of a young child battling Leukemia. Additionally, George participated as a member of the Team in Training and as a member of the LLS’s Man/Woman of the Year Candidate selection committee.
George is a member of the Rensselaer County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Committee selection team and volunteers at the Leadership Institute’s program.
Since 2006, Andrew has served as a member of the Congregation Beth Emeth of Board of Trustees and is currently the Second Vice President of the Board. He also serves on the Board of Trustees for the B’Nai B’Rith Parkview Apartments, a low-income housing development in Albany, New York.
Andrew has served on various local golf tournament committees that support local charities, including: the Ronald McDonald House, the Center For Disability Services, and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Andrew is a former member of the Albany County Ethics Commission.
Proud Member Of
Proud to Support